Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes

Only one week later, beautiful orange leaves have become a crunchy brown carpet.
.
The weather is still unseasonably warm. I am still grateful to be living where there are four distinct seasons.
.
Autumn continues to pulsate with the rhythm of life, while its powerful beat continues moving me forward.
.
But to where?
.
To what?
.
Our family visited northeast Iowa again this past weekend, including - once again - a trip to the mighty Mississippi. My soul jumps with recognition when journeying through that part the world. I remember where I came from. Who I aspired to be. Who I am.
.
I long for it to whisper secrets of what is to come.
.
Plans to prosper, not to harm. Plans for hope and a future.
.
Until then, simply rest in love and abide.
.

No comments: