Friday, February 12, 2010

Mr. Craig Bennett - Thanks for Staying Connected

Last weekend I did something that too often I only talk about doing. I called a friend I hadn't seen in years with an invitation to drop by so we could spend the evening reconnecting. Even though Mr. Craig Bennett and I grew up only eight miles apart, we didn't connect in a real way until our college years. In fact, after the conversation we had last Saturday night, I think we might even agree that we may only be connecting in a real way now, for we are now both old enough to understand the inherent risks of being real.

I think you'll see what I mean.

It's taken me awhile to get this video placed into my blog.
• First, I had to edit our wealth of wonderful words to no more than 10 minutes.
• Second, I had to convince myself it would be o.k. to post it to YouTube in order to share it that way. You see, as open as I am with sharing whatever might bubble forth, you might have noticed that I've kept my vlogs off the wide wonderful world of YouTube. Plus, it won't let me rename my channel to match my blog, so welcome to my WestOnion.
• Finally, I accepted Craig's invitation to not hold myself back. "You know, Joy, you are the only one holding yourself back from what you really want to do," said my cunning friend Craig. He is absolutely right. Perhaps this merging of my blog and my YouTube channel (previously used simply to send video to grandparents) is my coming out. That means I'm no longer holding back. But it also means I really need to figure out what I want to do next.

Can you hear me, Inner Scarlett? We'll have to think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day: Valentines Day even. A great day to both cherish and ponder your heart's desire.

Until then ... thanks, Craig, for a fantastic evening. So glad we remain connected. My life would be less without you in it.

Note: I now need to figure out how to make my HD framing fit in a standard YouTube window. At least it didn't cut out Craig! Oh, so much for an old dog to learn.

4 comments:

Todd said...

How wonderful to see and hear the two of you chatting!! You booth look great!!
Hugz!
Todd

Joy said...

Thanks, Todd! I'm gonna bet the same is true of you. Trust all is well in your world. Thanks for "tuning in." :-)

Hugz to you as well!

Joy

Trudie Goff said...

I am just enjoying this conversation between you two.
We just keep getting better, and we all are getting more authentic. Really, we are.
This was a nice treat. Wish I would have been there.
Love ya, Trudie

Joy said...

Thanks, Trudie! I wish you lived closer (or that I did?). It'd be fun to reconnect this same way. Should we ever get together in the same room - be prepared to vlog!

Happy Valentine's Day, with love.