Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thief

You were deliberate, intentional, and calculated.
But you were wrong.
You took what was not yours.
That makes you a criminal.

But who are you to me really?
Did you pass me in a hallway?
Perhaps even smile at me today?
Did you ask a question, and I did I supply you with an answer?
Did you get what you needed?
Did you?

You – likely – needed more than what you took.
So what will you do now?
Do you have a long-term plan
or is your life a string of moments?
Like today.

A chance to
take,
steal,
grab what you believe gives you power
and then simply walk away as if nothing happened.

But something did happen.
You know it.
You are proud – for now.
You got what you wanted.
Finally.

Good luck with that,
whoever you are to me really.

We both know that if we cross paths again,
you will know me, but I will still only wonder about you.

And I will have to
pass you in the hallway,
smile at you,
answer the questions you might ask and even wish you well;
because – honestly – can I do anything less?

And, like you, I will be deliberate, intentional, and calculated.
But I will be right.

And it will suck.

.

4 comments:

1A said...

Wow. What happened? I hope you're OK.

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KaKi said...

wow! That really sucks! But your poem rocks!!!!

Joy said...

Thanks, KaKi ...